Welcome to the Mediahuis Ireland digital networks, which consist of Mediahuis.ie and Mediahuis.co.uk. These are the terms and conditions which govern the access and use of the network. When we refer to the “network” or to “Mediahuis” in these terms and conditions, this means the digital information network and application operated by or on behalf of:
- Mediahuis Ireland Limited (Company No: 153066)
- Mediahuis Ireland Digital Limited (Company No: 247783)
- Mediahuis UK Group Ltd. (Company No. 983376)
- Mediahuis UK Ltd. (Company No. 1908967)
- Mediahuis Ireland Group Limited (Company No: 2936), the parent company; to include its subsidiaries and affiliates, collectively referred to as “Mediahuis”.
|New Ross Standard|
|The Sligo Champion|
|Reach Stationery (UK)|
|Reach Stationery (ROI)|
|Reach Retail Services (ROI)|
|Reach Retail Services (UK)|
These terms and conditions apply whatever method of access is used, including access via the web, PDA, mobile phone, Smartphone, RSS feed, digital television, or any other means of technology, all of which means of access shall be incorporated in the term “access” in these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions may be changed from time to time. Any changes are with immediate effect as and from the date of posting unless otherwise specifically stated. The continued access and usage of the site by you after such changes are made shall be deemed to be an acceptance of such changes.
Each time you access the Mediahuis.ie and Mediahuis.co.uk applicable sites and services, you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
1. Registration and Subscriptions- Titles
Registered User: A Registered user is an individual who has registered their details with Mediahuis. A registered user is entitled to read any of our free content, plus enter our competitions.
Subscriber: A Subscriber is an individual who has registered and paid for one of Mediahuis’s Subscription options such as an Annual or Monthly bundle be it Digital, Print or both. A Subscriber
has unlimited access to content on Independent.ie or Belfasttelegraph.co.uk
Google Showcase: We will store details of an individual user who accesses Independent.ie Premium content through Google Showcase in accordance with the Independent.ie Privacy Statement –
Social Sign Up, and they will be treated in the same manner as a Registered User.
Some Mediahuis publications require you to register your details with us in order to access our content or services/offerings. By registering, you agree that:
- You have not provided a false or incorrect name, email address or false personal information nor have you impersonated another person.
- Your registration and password details are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else to access the site.
- You will not permit or allow any third party to make use of your registration details to access the site.
- You will not impersonate another user; interfere with the operation of the site; shall make us immediately aware of any unauthorised use of your personal details by others.
- All readers who register on;
- Independent.ie, will receive the morning and evening edition of the Daily Digest newsletter seven days a week.
- BelfastTelegraph.co.uk will receive the morning and evening edition of the Daily Headlines newsletter seven days a week.
- SundayWorld.ie will receive the Your Daily World newsletter seven days a week.
- These newsletters are a selection of our latest stories delivered each morning.
- Readers can unsubscribe at any time, by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each newsletter or going to ‘My Account’.
- Onboarding Emails: Once an individual has registered or subscribed, as part of the onboarding process, they will receive a series of emails introducing the different elements available as part of their registration or subscription.
- Engagement Emails: While a user is subscribed, they will receive occasional emails reminding them of subscription features they have not recently engaged with; features that are part of the service that they have subscribed to. Subscribers may opt-out of receiving these Subscriber Engagement updates at any time.”
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, which you will not have to reveal to any representative or agent of Mediahuis.
- If you are less than 18 years of age and would like to use any part of our Services (i.e., subscription or registration), please ask your parent or guardian to review the Terms & Conditions and complete on your behalf.
- Customer Matching: Mediahuis Ireland utilises “Customer Match” facility for both Google and Facebook to target ads to registered users & subscribers. This involves sharing hashed data already supplied by the user with approved third parties to create a more customer-specific experience in terms of content and advertised products.
- Sharing my subscription: As an individual subscriber you can use your subscription on up to five devices in a 30-day period. Should you exceed this number we may contact you and ask if you would like move to a different account type where you can add more users. If you have a corporate subscription and if you exceed the number of users agreed in your contract, we may contact you and ask if you would like to add more users.
2. Home Delivery T&C’s
3. Digital Access Codes & Offers
Types of Offers
- Partner offer, free one month trial and upgrade offers.
- One-week free trial (one where credit card is given and one where it is not)
- €5 off first month (premium only)
- Digital access codes are made available to you by Mediahuis. These promotional codes provide discounted and trial periods for users to have access to Independent.ie Premium & Premium+ products.
- In the case of a trial or discounted period offers where a credit/debit card payment details are provided, the subscription will revert to a monthly charge at the standard Premium or Premium+ rate, once the trial or discounted period is over. By submitting payment details you accept the offer and consent to us using your payment details in accordance with our privacy statement. If you do not want to remain a paying user you must cancel your account by emailing email@example.com. By continuing to use the service after the price change takes effect, you are agreeing to the new price.
- In the case of a Trial Period where no credit card is asked for during sign up, the account will not be charged, and the user will revert to a standard registered non- subscriber account thereafter.
- Each promotional offer is available to use once per user. A limited number of promotional codes are available, and these must be used by the date specified.
- If the price for ether premium or premium+ bundles changes in the future, you will be made aware prior to any changes.
- Annual Paid Monthly Bundle Offers
- Limited Time Offers (will have offer specific T&Cs and cancellation of such offers will be per the T&Cs of each individual offer).
From time to time we provide subscription offers. We pay a great deal of attention to the correct description of the products, the price and the other modalities. If an unintentional, or even a serious error, is found in the description of our products, the price and/or the other modalities, you have the choice between waiving the order or accepting the offer at the correct conditions. Mediahuis reserves the right to change the prices, the media and the publication frequency of the media at any time. Mediahuis cannot be held liable if one of the products or services from its range is amended or discontinued.
To order any of our products (such as, but not limited to Reach Home Delivery packages or subscriptions) you must be of age. If you are still a minor, the order must be made by your parents or your legal representative. The subscription can only be entered into in your own name and for your own account, and it is not transferable. In line with the above only you can make use of your details to access Mediahuis.ie or Mediahuis.co.uk. That access is limited to five simultaneous logins from your devices. If you fail to meet the conditions for the Offer, the subscription will not be activated, or will be discontinued, even if the execution has already started. By placing a subscription order, you declare that you have read these Terms and Conditions and accept them unconditionally.
Subscriptions are paid by credit or debit card. The subscription will be charged automatically on a monthly or annual basis, as selected when subscribing. Offering these payment options does not imply any liability on the part of Mediahuis that the payment system will operate flawlessly, without interruptions or errors. Mediahuis cannot be held liable for any damage, direct or indirect, caused by the execution of a payment.
You may notify us of your intent to cancel at any time, but all cancellations will be processed at the end of your current subscription term.
- Subscribers who have selected a monthly contract, paid monthly may cancel at any time. You will not receive a refund for the current billing cycle. You will continue to have the same access and benefits of your product for the remainder of the current billing period.
- Subscribers who select a 12-month annual contract, but paid monthly, cannot cancel for the duration of the contract period.
- Subscribers who select a 12-month contract, but paid annually, may cancel at any time. However, you will not receive a refund for the current billing cycle. You will continue to have the same access and benefits of your product for the remainder of the current billing period.
- You are entitled to cancel your subscription within 14 days of purchase, without exception.
- You can change or cancel your subscription:
- Please note: If you purchased your subscription through iTunes or Google Play, please refer to their terms and conditions.
8. Right of Revocation
A new subscriber has the right to revoke the agreement within 14 days and Mediahuis will refund all payments made up to that point in time. An existing subscriber will have their automated payment deductions terminated before the next billing period. In order to exercise the right of revocation, you must notify us at Customer Help by means of an unambiguous statement of your decision to revoke the agreement. We will refund you by the same payment method that you used to make the original transaction. This also applies to upgrade/downgrade between products.
All Mediahuis subscription offers are of indefinite duration, unless such subscription offer is subject to offer specific terms such as but limited to offers that are classified as Annual Paid Monthly Bundle Offers or Limited Time Offers.
10. Delete your Account
If you wish to delete your Mediahuis account please make your request via our Privacy Portal and select the “Account Deletion” option. In accordance with our Privacy Statement, proof of ID may be required for any alteration to your account, to include deletion requests. If you continue to use the site, you are deemed to continue to accept these terms and conditions.
We are entitled to terminate, at our absolute discretion, your use of Mediahuis.ie or Mediahuis.co.uk or your continued subscription in the event that we believe that you have been in breach of these terms and conditions. We reserve the right, at our absolute discretion, to suspend your access to or usage of the site if we believe that there may have been a breach by you or others of these terms and conditions.
11. Reach Retail Services (ROI & UK)
- “Company” shall mean Reach Retail Services, its successors and assigns or any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of Reach Retail Services.
- “Customer” shall mean the person or entity described as such on the invoices, application for credit, quotation, or any other forms to which these terms and conditions apply and shall mean any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of such person or entity.
- “Guarantor” means that person (or persons), or entity, who agrees to be liable for the debts of the Customer on a principal debtor basis.
- “Goods” shall mean Goods supplied by the Company to the Customer and are as described on the invoices, quotation, or any other forms as provided by the Company to the Customer.
- “Price” shall mean the cost of the Goods as agreed between the Company and the Customer subject to clause 3 of this contract.
- Any instructions received by the Company from the Customer for the supply of Goods and/or the Customer’s acceptance of Goods supplied by the Company shall constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
- Upon acceptance of these terms and conditions by the Customer the terms and conditions are irrevocable and can only be amended with the written consent of the Company.
- The company reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and the revised terms and conditions will take effect after notice is given.
- The Customer undertakes to give the Company at least fourteen (14) days’ notice of any change in the Customer’s name, address and/or any other change in the Customer’s details.
Price and Payment
- Every effort will be made to hold prices firm; however, all prices are subject to alteration without notice. It is the responsibility of the customer to check prices before placing an order
- Time for payment for the Goods shall be of the essence and will be stated on the invoice or any other forms. If no time is stated, then payment shall be due thirty (30) days following the date of the invoice unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- Payment will be made by credit card, EFT, direct debit or by any other method as agreed to between the Customer and the Company. VAT and other taxes and duties that may be applicable shall be added to the Price except when they are expressly included in the Price.
- Full settlement in accordance with our terms is necessary to ensure continuity of supply.
- The Company retains legal title to all goods supplied until payment of all monies due on the customer’s account is received in full.
- Invoice will be provided to the customer in electronic format.
Delivery of Goods
- At the Company’s sole discretion delivery of the Goods shall take place when the Customer takes possession of the Goods at the Customer’s address
- Once prior agreement is reached the company reserves the right to apply a delivery charge for some or all deliveries. Unless otherwise stated, a €10 delivery charge applies to all orders of value less than €100 (ex VAT).
- The Customer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery. In the event that the Customer is unable to take delivery of the Goods as arranged then the Company shall be entitled to charge a reasonable fee for re-delivery.
- All daytime deliveries should be checked and signed for by the customer at the time of delivery. Any discrepancies should be noted on the driver’s delivery docket at the time of delivery. No claims for damages, shortages or incorrect goods can be accepted after this time.
- Any discrepancies for deliveries made to a closed outlet must be raised on the day of delivery.
- Delivery of the Goods to a third party nominated by the Customer is deemed to be delivery to the Customer for the purposes of this agreement.
- The failure of the Company to deliver shall not entitle either party to treat this contract as repudiated.
- The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatever due to failure by the Company to deliver the Goods (or any of them) promptly or at all.
Risk & Title
- While the Company retains ownership of the Goods until full payment is received, nonetheless, all risk for the Goods passes to the Customer upon delivery.
- If any of the Goods are damaged or destroyed following delivery but prior to ownership passing to the Customer, the Company is entitled to receive all insurance proceeds payable for the Goods. The production of these terms and conditions by the Company is sufficient evidence of the Company’s rights to receive the insurance proceeds without the need for any person dealing with the Company to make further enquiries.
- It is the intention of the Company and agreed by the Customer that ownership of the Goods shall not pass until: (a) the Customer has paid all amounts owing for the particular Goods, and (b) the Customer has met all other obligations due by the Customer to the Company in respect of all contracts between the Company and the Customer.
- Receipt by the Company of any form of payment other than cash shall not be deemed to be payment until that form of payment has been honoured, cleared or recognised and until then the Company’s ownership or rights in respect of the Goods shall continue.
- It is further agreed that until such time as ownership of the Goods shall pass from the Company to the Customer, the Company may give notice in writing to the Customer to return all or part of the Goods to the Company. Upon such notice the rights of the Customer to obtain ownership or any other interest in the Goods shall cease. If the Customer fails to return the Goods to the Company, then the Company or the Company’s agent may enter upon and into land and premises owned, occupied or used by the Customer, or any premises as the invitee of the Customer, where the Goods are situated and take possession of the Goods
- To the extent permitted by statute, no warranty is given by the Company as to the quality or suitability of the Goods for any purpose and any implied warranty is expressly excluded. The Company shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to the Goods, or caused by the Goods, or any part thereof however arising.
- Where the Company has designed Goods for the Customer, then the copyright in those designs shall remain vested in the Company, and shall only be used by the Customer at the Company’s discretion.
- Where any designs or specifications have been supplied by the Customer for manufacture by or to the order of the Company then the Customer warrants that the use of those designs or specifications for the manufacture, processing, assembly or supply of the Goods shall not infringe the rights of any third party and will not cause the Company to infringe any patent, registered design or trademark in the execution of the Customers order.
- The Customer shall indemnify the Company against any claims by third parties for patent, trademark, design, or copyright infringement, directly or indirectly arising out of the design, workmanship, material, construction, or use of the Goods or any other deficiency therein. Where the Customer has supplied drawings, sketches, files or logos to the Company, the Customer warrants that the drawings, sketches, files, or logos do not breach any patent, trademark, design or copyright.
- The Company may grant the Customer a licence to use the Intellectual Property referred to in clause 9.1 in relation solely to the operation of the Customer’s business however, the Customer shall not use nor make copies of such Intellectual Property in connection with any work or business other than the work or business specified in writing to the Company unless express approval is given in advance by the Company. Such licence shall terminate on default of payment or any other terms of this agreement by the Customer.
Default & Consequences
- If the Customer defaults in payment of any invoice when due, the Customer shall indemnify the Company from and against all costs and disbursements incurred by the Company in pursuing the debt including legal costs and the Company’s collection agency costs.
- Without prejudice to any other remedies the Company may have, if at any time the Customer is in breach of any obligation (including those relating to payment), the company may suspend or terminate the supply of Goods to the Customer and any of its other obligations under the terms and conditions. The Company will not be liable to the Customer for any loss or damage the Customer suffers because the Company exercised its rights under this clause.
- Without prejudice to the Company’s other remedies at law the Company shall be entitled to cancel all or any part of any order of the Customer which remains unperformed in addition to and without prejudice to any other remedies and all amounts owing to the Company shall, whether or not due for payment, become immediately payable in the event that: (a) any money payable to the Company becomes overdue, or in the Company’s opinion the Customer will be unable to meet its payments as they fall due; or (b) the Customer becomes insolvent, convenes a meeting with its creditors or proposes or enters into an arrangement with creditors, or makes an assignment for the benefit of its creditors; or (c) a receiver, manager, liquidator (provisional or otherwise) or similar person is appointed in respect of the Customer or any asset of the Customer.
- Each clause of this contract is severable and distinct from the others. If any provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, void, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, existence, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected, prejudiced or impaired.
- These terms and conditions and any contract to which they apply shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Ireland.
- The Company shall be under no liability whatever to the Customer for any indirect loss and/or expense (including loss of profit) suffered by the Customer arising out of a breach by the Company of these terms and conditions.
- In the event of any breach of this contract by the Company the remedies of the Customer shall be limited to damages. Under no circumstances shall the liability of the Company exceed the Price of the Goods.
- The Customer shall not be entitled to set off against or deduct from the Price any sums owed or claimed to be owed to the Customer by the Company.
Reach Stationery (ROI & UK)
- The company will endeavour to deliver all orders received by the company by 1pm Mon-Fri on the following day. Subject to availability and excluding public and bank holidays.
- For orders received after 1pm Mon-Thurs delivery will require an additional 24 hours. For orders received after 1pm on Friday delivery will be made the following Mon. Delivery can be arranged for Sunday with prior agreement and a delivery charge will apply.
- The company reserves the right to apply a delivery charge for some or all deliveries.
- All orders received for delayed delivery, i.e., delivery date more than 2 days after the order date, are binding and cannot be cancelled. Orders will be invoiced and payable on the delivery date.
- All daytime deliveries should be checked and signed for by the customer at the time of delivery. All discrepancies should be noted on the driver’s delivery docket at the time of delivery. No claims for damages, shortages or incorrect goods can be issued after this time.
- All discrepancies for deliveries made to a closed outlet should be raised on the day of delivery.
- The company will endeavour to meet the delivery date requested on delayed delivery orders, i.e., orders where the delivery date is more than 2 days after the order date but cannot guarantee delivery on the requested date. Failure to meet the requested delivery date does not constitute grounds to cancel the order.
- Full settlement in accordance with our terms is necessary to ensure continuity of supply.
- Reach Stationery retains legal title to all goods supplied until payment of all monies due on the customer’s account is received in full.
- You will receive your invoice in an electronic format sent to an email address of choice.
- Every effort will be made to hold prices firm, however with currency market changes all prices are subject to alteration without notice.
13. Reach Retail Services and/or Reach Stationery– Order Cancellations
When engaging with Reach Retail Services and/or Reach Stationery– the following applies:
- Reach Retail Services and/or Reach Stationery– include services provided by:
- While every effort will be made to meet customers’ requirements, amendments or cancellation of any order, or any part thereof, can only be accepted by written agreement with the Company. Cancellation of an order may result in a charge to the customer of any or all costs incurred by the company, including order processing, packing, delivery, and collection costs.
- All Goods are purchased on a firm sale basis – no returns are accepted.
14. Force Majeure (Reach Retail Services and/or Reach Stationery)
When engaging with Mediahuis- Reach Retail Services and/or Reach Stationery, the Reach companies shall be under no liability for any reason; in the case of manufacturing or production stoppages due to fire, breakdowns, explosions, strikes, force majeure, or any cause outside of the company’s control, deliveries of any order may be suspended for the duration of the stoppage.
15. Access and Usage of the Content
Your access to and usage of Mediahuis.ie or Mediahuis.co.uk are strictly by way of limited licence for personal non-commercial purposes.
All material published on Mediahuis.ie or Mediahuis.co.uk (including, but not limited to news articles, photographs, images, illustrations, advertisements, sponsored content, audio clips and video clips) is known as the ‘Content’. You acknowledge and irrevocably agree that the copyrights, trademarks, logos, software applications, graphics and all other intellectual property rights in the Content is and shall remain vested in Mediahuis.
You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, distribute, lend, hire, sub-license, rent, make a derivative work from, make available to the public, adapt, alter, edit, re-position, frame, rebrand, change or otherwise use in any way any Content in whole or in part on your product or service or elsewhere or permit or assist any third party to do the same except to the extent permitted at law. Content on Mediahuis.ie or Mediahuis.co.uk may be downloaded, printed, forwarded, stored or copied for your own personal non-commercial use only.
You acknowledge and irrevocably agree that the names, images and logos identifying Mediahuis, its licensors or third parties and their products and services in Mediahuis digital and print content are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks (registered and unregistered) and other intellectual property rights.
If you are authorised to use Mediahuis’s Content as permitted by an agreement with Mediahuis, you must provide Mediahuis with a credit in one of the following forms in a reasonably prominent location:
- Source – Mediahuis /ie or Mediahuis.co.uk © (year)
- Reproduced under licence from Mediahuis /ie or Mediahuis.co.uk
- You must provide a functional hyperlink back to the location of the relevant Mediahuis /ie or Mediahuis.co.uk’s content on the website.
16. Data Protection, Privacy and Fair Usage
Mediahuis respects your right to privacy. Users should be aware that each time they visit our digital properties that two general levels of information about their visit can be retained. The first level comprises statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate and non-individual specific basis of all browsers who visit the site, and the second is information that is personal or particular to a specific visitor who knowingly chooses to provide that information. Mediahuis policy is to respect and protect the privacy of all users and will never willfully disclose individually identifiable information to any third party without first receiving permission.
The statistical and analytical information provides us with general and not individually specific information about the number of people who visit Mediahuis.ie or Mediahuis.co.uk; the number of people who return to these sites; the pages that they visit; where they were before they came to the site and the page in Mediahuis.ie or Mediahuis.co.uk at which they exited. This information helps us monitor traffic on our website and app so that we can manage the site’s capacity and efficiency. It also helps us to understand which parts of Mediahuis.ie or Mediahuis.co.uk are most popular, and generally to assess user behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the products.
When engaging with our Customer Care Teams, personal data will be collected and retained for the maintenance and communication regarding your contact with the Customer Care Team regardless of whether you are a Registered User or paid Subscription holder with Mediahuis.ie or Mediahuis.co.uk. The data that we collect from you will be used to enhance our Customer Care Services we provide such as, but not limited to:
- Account maintenance
- Dispute and Purchase Resolution
- Service Messaging
Throughout Mediahuis.ie or Mediahuis.co.uk you may opportunities to send us information relating to you via our “contact us” pages or any other area where you may send e-mails, request brochures, enter contests or competitions or respond to any promotions. By choosing to participate in these, you will be providing us with some level of personal information relating to you. This information will only be used
- for the purposes for which it was provided by you
- for verification purposes and statistical analysis
to provide you with details, both electronically, by SMS messaging or by means of posts or delivery of products, services, contests, competitions, or promotions being provided or run by the IMediahuis or any of its associated companies or any third party that we may select and which we may think would be of interest to you, unless you have otherwise specifically opted not to receive this information.”
Please note that communications regarding changes to your service are deemed Service Messages and may be sent via email or SMS messaging. Such communications do not require opt-in as they form part of your contracted services.
We will retain this information for a period of 24 months after the termination of a subscription only for the purposes of re-engaging with you on possible new offers or content that may be of interest.
17. Disclaimer of Liability
To the fullest extent allowed by law, Mediahuis does not accept any responsibility for any statement on our digital sites and will not be liable for any loss caused as or resulted from any action or inaction on your part as a result of the viewing, reading, listening, downloading, copying, forwarding, or reproducing any of the content.
Where links are provided on the site to other websites, Mediahuis bears no responsibility for such sites. These sites are not under our control and we are not responsible in any way for any of their contents. Where links are provided to websites which offer any goods and services for sale, any contractual relationship entered into by you will be with the merchant selling the goods or providing the services. Mediahuis will not be privy to any such contract and accepts no responsibility in relation to the goods or services provided, their delivery or non-delivery, their quality or merchantability.
Although Mediahuis will do its best to provide constant uninterrupted access to our digital sites, such access cannot be guaranteed, and no responsibility or liability is accepted for any delays, interruptions, or breakdowns.
18. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions are governed by Irish law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
It is specifically agreed that by accessing, using, downloading, viewing, copying, forwarding or in any way making use of the contents of the site and/or the application, you deem that all such access takes place at the registered offices of Mediahuis Ireland Ltd., Independent House, 27/32 Talbot Street, Dublin 1.
19. Competitions, Surveys and Promotions
From time to time, Mediahuis may run competitions, prize draws and/or promotions. These will be subject to separate and additional terms and conditions which are made available to you at the appropriate time.
20. Journalistic Purpose, Editorial Surveys and Polls
As a news publishing organisation, Mediahuis processes personal data for the purpose of exercising the right to freedom of expression and information and for journalistic purposes. It is recognised that this is in the public interest.
- We may process your personal information for journalistic purposes where you submit content to be published online and in our printed publication.
- Where you have voluntarily contributed your experience to us, and we publish this information
- If we publish a letter you have written to the Editor
- If you participate in one of our surveys or polls
It is important to understand that certain rights which you have in relation to your personal information, including the right to erasure, may not apply where that data is processed for journalistic purposes.
You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified Mediahuis and its officers, directors, employees and data providers from any and all claims, losses, including lost subscription fees, liabilities, costs and expenses, including, but not limited to legal fees and expenses, arising out of a breach by you or any user of your account of these terms and conditions or arising out of breach of your obligations, representations and warranties under these terms and conditions.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended or shall be deemed to operate to create a partnership or joint venture of any kind nor to authorise either of us to act as agent for the other. If the whole or any part of these terms and conditions become invalid, void or unenforceable for any reason, the same shall to the extent require it be severed from these terms and conditions without effecting or modifying the remaining terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of same. No waiver by Mediahuis of any breach of these Terms and Conditions shall constitute a waiver of any other prior or subsequent breach and Mediahuis shall not be affected by any delay, omission or failure to enforce any of its rights.
23. Amendment and Alterations
From time to time, Mediahuis may amend or alter these terms and conditions for commercial, practical and legal reasons. Such alterations or amendments would be incorporated onto Mediahuis.ie/Mediahuis.co.uk and will deem to take effect immediately there from. Again, each time you access Mediahuis ROI & UK sites and services as well as Reach Retail Services and/or Reach Stationery, Schools.independent.ie, Home Delivery and Newspread you agree to be bound by and Service specific terms and these general terms and conditions.