Video Journalist (reporting and production) Dublin
This is an exciting opportunity to gain first-hand experience in video journalism. You will have the opportunity to develop your passion to become a talented, resourceful video journalist with strong news judgement, able to spot great video story ideas and quickly act on them.
You will be capable of working independently while taking care to ensure stories are verified, legally sound and fit for publication on digital platforms. Having worked closely with the Editors and Reporters, you will have learned more about how to ensure our titles have a competitive edge and to increase audience engagement.
What you will be doing
- Developing creative, innovative ways of telling stories with video
- Producing and script video, liaising with journalists and editors
- Directing and shoot single and multi-camera video in a studio and on location, working with contributors and the public
- Editing video in a consistent style and tone
- Ingest and upload video, creating suitable metadata
- Using data from many different sources to help generate ideas and identify subjects that will interest our audiences
- Using news wires and social listening to source additional video
- Working with Audience Editors to make sure our video reaches the widest possible audience Adhering to editorial and legal codes and practices
Skills we would like you to have
- Passion for video journalism
- Creative flair
- Ability to work at speed and under pressure
- Ability to conceptualise
- Self-starting and shows initiative
- Accuracy, fairness, balance, commitment to ethics
- Flexibility / willingness to adapt
- Detail oriented and highly organised
- Effective collaboration and a true team player
- Broad general knowledge and understanding of the news agenda across news, politics business, entertainment and sport
- Use social media and other digital tools to source news information and to promote stories
Experience we would like you to have
As someone who is passionate about video journalism, it would be beneficial for us to be able to see some examples of your work. This could be in the form of a personal blog or anything you have published online (even self-published).
We don’t want formal qualifications to be a blocker or sway our selection. So we will not be asking about your schooling or qualifications. It’s your passion we are interested in.
Salary €25,000 plus bonus plus benefits
Video Journalist Dublin